addressNO.1188,Fengliang Road,Fengcheng Town,Fengxian District,Shanghai,China
aggregate crushing value test slideshareAggregate impact and crushing testSlideShareGet Price · Impact, 10% Fines & Crushing TestsFigure 2. Apparatus for the 10% fines test and aggregate crushing te
· Impact, 10% Fines & Crushing TestsFigure 2. Apparatus for the 10% fines test and aggregate crushing test (Millard, 1993) 2. The material used for both tests is aggregate passing a 12.70 mm sieve and retained on a 9.52 mm sieve.
· CALCULATION: • Aggregate crushing value = B/A x 100% • The result should be recorded to the first decimal place and the mean of the two results reported. • To achieve a high quality of pavement, aggregate possessing low crushing value should be preferred. 8.
· • Coarse aggregate crushing value is the percentage by weight of the crushed material obtained when test aggregates are subjected to a specified load under standardized conditions. • Aggregate crushing value is a numerical index of the strength of the aggregate and it is used in construction of roads and pavements.
· 24The aggregate crushing value givesa relative measure of resistance ofan aggregate to crushing under agradually applied compressive load.The aggregate crushing strengthvalue is useful factor to know thebehaviour of aggregates whensubjected to wear.1. Crushing Test of Aggregate: 24.
· Toachieve a high quality of pavement, aggregate possessing low aggregate crushing value should be preferred.Apparatus The apparatus for the standard aggregate crushing test consists of the following: (i) Steel cylinder with open ends, and internal diameter 25.2 cm, square base plate plunger having a piston of diameter ~ with a hole provided .
· Balance 2. Metal gauge 3. IS Sieves 4. Sample of aggregate (a quantity of aggregate shall be taken sufficient to provide a minimum no of 200 pieces od any fraction to be tested.) 8. Theory The elongation index on an aggregate is the percentage by weight of particles whose greatest dimension (length) is greater than 1.8 times their mean dimension.
· Aggregate Impact Values and Aggregate Crushing Values are often numerically very similar, and indicate similar aggregate strength properties. Classification of aggregates using Aggregate Impact Value is as given below: Aggregate Impact Value Classification <20%.= Exceptionally Strong 10 – 20% .=Strong 20-30%. =Satisfactory for road surfacing .
This testing method is known as an aggregate crushing value test. Aggregate crushing value test provides the resistance of an aggregate sample to crushing under gradually applied compressive load. Generally, the test is conducted on aggregate passing 12.5 mm and retained on 10 mm sieve.
The ‘ aggregate crushing value test ` gives a relative measure of the resistance of an aggregate to crushing under a gradually applied compressive load. Aggregate crushing value is defined as the percentage by weight of the crushed (or finer) material obtained when the test aggregates are subjected to a specified load under standardized conditions, and the strength of the aggregate used in road …
Aggregate crushing value test on coarse aggregates gives a relative measure of the resistance of an aggregate crushing under gradually applied compressive load. Coarse aggregate crushing value is the percentage by weight of the crushed material obtained when test aggregates are subjected to a specified load under standardized conditions.
Toachieve a high quality of pavement, aggregate possessing low aggregate crushing value should be preferred.Apparatus The apparatus for the standard aggregate crushing test consists of the following: (i) Steel cylinder with open ends, and internal diameter 25.2 cm, square base plate plunger having a piston of diameter ~ with a hole provided .
This test is repeated once or twice and the average crushing value of the aggregate is determined. The average crushing value in the different tests is the actual crushing value of aggregate. Important points to remember. It is recommended that the crushing value of aggregate should be less than 30%.
Sampling for Aggregate Crushing Value Test: For the Aggregate crushing value test, an aggregate sample passing through 12.5 mm IS sieve and retained on 10mm IS sieve is selected and dried to a temperature of 105 ºC to 110 ºC then cooled to room temperature. To fill the cylindrical measure mould about 6.5 kg of a sample of aggregate is sufficient.
Significance of Aggregate Crushing Value Test. The crushing value test is conducted on aggregates that are used for the construction of roads. Lower crushing value aggregates give much more durability for roads due to its lower crushed fraction under the compression load. The road is subjected to motion pressure continuously.
Aggregate Impact Value Test Slideshare; Aggregate Impact Value Test Slideshare [email protected] Get price Submit Message. Related Products && Solutions. Roller Crusher. Roller crusher is used for coarse crushing or tertiary crushing. Smooth roll crusher is widely used for industries of ore separating, chemical engineering, cement, refractory .
The Aggregate Crushing Value (ACV) Test Set provides a relative measure of the resistance of an aggregate to crushing under a gradually applied compressive load. Each set consists of steel cylinder, plunger, base plate, cylindrical measure and tamping rod. All parts of the apparatus are powder coated or galvanized steel, heat treated and ground .
The aggregate crushing value (ACV) provides relative measure of the resistance of an aggregate to crushing under a gradually applied compressive load. Two versions available: 150 (standard) and 75 mm dia. The apparatus comprehend cylinder, plunger, base plate, tamping rod and measure.
AGGREGATE CRUSHING VALUE This test helps to determine the aggregate crushing value of coarse aggregates as per IS: 2386 (Part IV) – 1963. The apparatus used is Cylindrical measure and plunger, Compression testing machine, IS Sieves of sizes – 12.5mm, 10mm and 2.36mm. Procedure to determine Aggregate Crushing Value
Note 1: A procedure for testing coarse aggregate larger than 19.0 mm [3 / 4 in.] is covered in Test Method C535. Thus coarse aggregates with a maximum size between 19 mm [3 / 4 in.] and 37.5 mm [1 1 / 2 in.] may be tested by Test Method C535 or Test Method C131/C131M.
DETERMINATION OF AGGREGATE CRUSHING VALUE 2.1 Object - This method of test covers the procedure for determining aggregate crushing value of coarse aggregate. NOTE 1 -The ‘aggregate crushing value’ gives a relative measure of the resistance of an aggregate to crushing under a gradually applied compressive load. With aggre-
1.The ratio of the weight of fines formed to the total sample weight in each test shall be expressed as a percentage, the result being recorded to the first decimal place: Aggregate Crushing Value = (B/A) X 100 where A = weight of oven-dried sample B = weight in 'g' of fraction passing through 2.36 mm IS sieve. 6.Video Aggregate Crushing Value Test
Aggregate Impact And Crushing Test Slideshare, Feb 08 2012 1 aresultsan average is taken of the two tests and the result is recorded to the nearestwhole number as the aggregate impact aiv is normally about 105 per cent of the aggregate crushing value and itcan be used for the same purpose The Purpose Of Aggregate Crushing Value Test
The percentage mass of fines (passing a 2.80mm BS test sieve) formed in the test is known as the aggregate impact value AIV. higher values are given by weaker materials. For the majority of aggregates the impact value and the crushing value are similar, but brittle materials such as flints yield impact values which are about 5 units higher than .
To Calculate Crushing Value Of Aggregate. Aggregate crushing value civil to is 2386 part iv1963 aggregate crushing value is designed for only for is sieves of sizes , 10mm and , for 20mm and 10mm coarse aggregate we need to take different ranges of sieves, then cylinders size will also changes.